Old 04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
Nancy, is that a smaller sized machine? Got this from a Singer repair man down the street from me ~ was trading out some of my dead old Touch-n-Sew machines and a broken old serger I didn't want to fix anymore for my daughter's "new" machine ~ her old Elgin was toast, it was a finger gear that was broken, with little hope of finding a replacement at a reasonable cost...

Anyway, this guy & I were talking about my 127, and he was thrilled that I was actually going to use it ~ he showed me this cabinet and asked did I just want it... OMG i Love it! And I have to somehow find a way to get her operating again...
Yes, it is for the little Wilcox and Gibbs chain stitch machines! Look at my Wilcox and Gibbs on page 695 - see the little tiny machine before you see the painted black cabinet? That is a Wilcox & Gibbs -- they are actual sewing machines, not toys. They were used during the Civil War to put that fancy chain stitch on the soldier's uniforms - among other things! They don't use a bobbin, but have a looper and make a chain stitch like the ones on feed sacks! I love those treadle feet!

Shemjo also has a Wilcox and Gibbs on page 695!

Nancy