View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
candi

BREAKInG NEWS!!! I just bought my background fabric! A beautiful deep chocolate brown tone on tone, one of the LQS was fool for a sale, lol, and giving 25% off everything. So I got that and a couple of batiks in luscious autumn hues. I will share photos later. Meanwhile, I am discovering due to the short period I have been quilting/sewing, and my small stash, my quilt is not going to be as scrappy as Aie 's, and I just don't want to buy a lot and make it a million dollar quilt, lol. I really dislike buying precuts, so I bought half yard pieces of 6 batiks today, and I have some FQs of other batiks I can use, but I am going to shoot for a controlled scrappy here. Wish me luck :mrgreen:

Lesley, thanks for the tip about the bleach.

D. Rickman, we haven't started yet, jump in! I just bought my background fabric today and won't be starting until at least May...have things that I like to get done before I get involved with the AOTH. I am a one track quilter :mrgreen: I am making appliqué with invisible machine quilting, turning the edges under with heat rsistaant templates and starch, then Roxanne glue to glue it down and invisible hem stitch to secure it on. Ive only done this a couple of times on small quilts so hoping I can pull it off. And I am enlarging my blocks to 10".