Thread: Couple more.
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Froggiey

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
The butterflies are nice but I dearly love the quilt you did for your son. I want to do a picture quilt for my 8 yr. old grandson. His dad died when he was not quite 2 yrs. old and then in Jan. of this year our daughter (his Mom) died from a massive blood clot in her lungs. I want to do a wall hanging for him of his Mom and Dad. I might get that done by his birthday or Christmas this year. Birthday is in Oct. How did you put your pictures on fabric. I can do it with my printer but am wondering if there is a better way.
That would be such a treasure for him. So sorry about your daughter. I lost my sister six years ago from blood clots in her lungs. Very hard time and still is as I'm sure it is with you. I printed
the pictures on transfer paper that I got at hobby lobby. Just remember to turn it around. Or mirror the pictures. I know that is the wrong language. He was sitting in front of a boat ramp with his fish he had caught and I did not turn it and therefore the letters "cove harbor" were backwards. Also on his graduation picture his school's name was backwards. The paper is too expensive to waste. I learn by my mistakes.