View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 AM
QKO

Originally Posted by Gabs
This is the "elephant in the room" question,but I know a lot of people are concerned about where the fabric will be coming from. I am stash building right now. I won't buy much fabric in the near future because I, like a lot of others, are concerned about the radiation contamination in Japan. I know some of Moda's marbles are made in Japan, as well as Lecien. Don't know about some of the others. Do you know where RJR,and others are printed and processed, etc?
Radiation contamination? This is a non-issue, another example of bogus science and press stupidity out there scaring people to death.

First, there's no danger of contaminated fabric from radiation, from anywhere. The amount of radiation you're likely to get from any product coming from Japan is no higher than what you get every day from watching TV, or just sitting in your house doing nothing. That's the science, you can look it up.

Second, if there WERE danger from contamination, and since most of the fabric production in Japan is done at the other end of the country from where the problems were, and since the prevailing wind is from the west, you would be more likely to get contamination from stuff coming from places downwind of Japan, like Indonesia, Korea or California, than from Japan itself, IF there were a danger. There ISN'T!!!

PLEASE don't contribute to unfounded rumors. The Japanese people have enough problems as it is, they don't need their fabric industry ruined by uneducated rumors and speculation.