Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Scrap Happy

Originally Posted by barbo117
Guys thanks so much for all the positive information. I am just totally in love right now. I have been looking at Featherweights and 301's for over a year. I got a new Janome for Christmas and thought maybe that would quell my thirst so to speak for a vintage Singer, but NO! I just could not stop wanting one of these old gems. Every couple of days I look at them on ebay and last night saw this 301s that was beautiful. Of all the machines I have looked at this one spoke to me. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. Talked it over with DH and he said go for it. Slept on it overnite and now it is mine. Life is good! Barbo
Woo Hoo! Congratulations! I’m happy for you. You won’t regret the wise decision you just made. Love that you named her after your Mom. I understand about the wait for her to arrive. I went to see & pick up my FW but didn’t have the cash with me and had to go back the next day. Oh the anticipation of it all!! Can’t wait to see a picture.

Not weird at all that ‘she spoke to you’ I always thank my girl for sewing so beautifully before tucking her in for the night. I also remind her that she’s not just a pretty face LOL! :-P