View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 09:48 AM
AllAboutScraps

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum. I've been having a wonderful time checking in on various boards and even dipped my foot into purchasing fabric.

I thought I'd share this project. I am relatively new to quilting. My mom and sisters have been doing it for years. I've done bits and pieces but never really did anything until recently. The pictures attached are of a quilt I made for a friend of my daughter's who is having her first child. My daughter told me her friend was using pale blues and greens in her nursery (she's having a boy) and a jungle theme. The duck I appliqued as a label because ducks are special to my daughter and her friend. I found all the fabrics - except the backing - in my mom's stash. I created the design myself and put it together in a week. I work full time so this means a couple hours each night. I'm pretty proud of it.

The quilts and crafts that you all share are wonderful. I hope someday to have the time to do some of what looks to be more complicated things. Until then, I'm enjoying getting my feet wet.

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178677[/ATTACH]

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178699[/ATTACH]

Label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178700[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-178671.jpe   attachment-178693.jpe   attachment-178694.jpe