View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Scrap Happy

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well this is kinda crappy but it comes with the territory I suppose......

My littlest Pom "Star" had started developing a cough and last night it was pretty bad with her breathing. It was a raspy sound and she had a deep chest type of cough. When it first started I thought it was the pollen count (it is through the roof here) but I told my wife I was running her to our vet to get her some relief.

Come to find out Baby had given her a respiratory infection and she had to get antibiotic and steroid shots and since it was almost that time of the year I went ahead and got her boosters while I was there. She is doing a lot better but I still have to give her liquid antibiotics until they run out.

Now for the kicker......Dixie (my Irish Setter mix) started coughing tonite. :roll: I hope she doesnt get any worse or have problems breathing until Monday morning so I can run her to the vet. I am having her be as calm as she can be, just letting her rest next to me and loving on her a lot. It would be nice if the vet was in tomorrow to nip it in the bud. That is why I am taking my other Pom with me when I go. ;-)

Billy
Billy, I’m glad Star is getting better. I will say a prayer for Dixie. We’ve had multiple pets (dogs & cats but no cats now) for many years. There have been several times where one pet will get a symptom and a day or so later another one has gotten the same symptoms and the diagnoses have been different. Lovin’ on Dixie will definitely help her!