View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 03:54 AM
TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by cabinfever
I love all the creative women here & frugal ideas too. Can't beat ZERO cost! I think for those that have to put a design wall up & then store it away, a "scroll" idea would work nicely. AS someone suggested, sew a hem on both ends of some flannel (or flannel tablecloth, etc) & put anything long & thin (wood dowel, old straight curtain rod, etc), put up some hooks (same as wall color for camoflauge), hang it up when in use, roll up when not. The lower rod will help weigh it down to keep it straight.

Members of costco & other club stores: there are large flat pieces of cardboard separating the stacks of bundles of paper towels & T.P. free for the taking. Home Depot & Lowe's may have similar free packaging they dispose of.

susie0808: I just saw the neat thing about your 2-toned design wall...what a quick way to audition your blocks with a light & a dark sashing! I love interior sashing & cornerblocks & having the 2 colors (or any light & dark) would be great.
Frugal is a nice word. I'll have to incorporate that into my quilting vocabulary. :thumbup: