View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:01 AM
quiltmaker

I have used Roxanne's for years and love them. She had them made specifically for handquilters. If you have read her book you would see how she went about the process.

Roxanne died before her book "That Perfect Stitch" came out and her daughter Diedra completed it for her. It is a fabulous book that most of us can only hope to emulate. Personally I don't think I will ever get there. I do think her book is out of print but can still be found on some of booksites that offer out of print books. For me personally it is the bible for handquilters and also has so much informtion to be gleaned about threads, fabrics and battings that it is invaluable.

Also I heard that they changed manufacturers for their needles and this might be why some people don't like them. I have enough of her original needles to last 3 lifetimes but seriously doubt they will ever be used. I am into machine quilting more and hopefully one day will use many of them and make my totally handquilted quilt. My handmade cathedral window quilt will hopefully be the first of those but as it's been a work in process for more years than I care to admit I can only pray to get it done.