View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:37 AM
A1Lori

I was amazed at how "simple" they were. Time consuming - yes, difficult - no. I owe some pics to some people who provided instructions both on this board - just completed the quilt this week. The main things I learned: get a scalloped tool (Quilt in a Day or Terry Clothier (I used Terry Clothier); watch a video you can find on YouTube about scalloped edges (Quilt in a Day tool); stitch the scalloped edges down at the very edge before cutting; use the exact same color thread as the binding (the inside scallop shows the stitch in the point); pull tight going into the point and push fabric slightly into the feed dogs on the outside curve. All of the reports I heard were to use a narrow binding - 1 5/8" to start with. I found this way too narrow and went to 2". I had no problem with this, nor did I have trouble with the seam falling directly in the crevice. I assembled all of my binding together thinking if a seam was going to fall in the crevice, I'd just cut and unstitch and make a seam in another place. First time I came near the crevice it hit dead on. I went past it a bit, then turned it and all was good - kept going with no worries about where the seam fell. Don't watch posts (no time for that - want to be sewing along!), so if you want any more info you'll have to PM. Have fun and good luck.