View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
crazyquilter

How about the tension on your Janome?? Mine is a 350E, embroidery only, and I am not happy: I keep having to lower the upper tension... I have 2 friends who have had the same problem. I had to take the upper tension down to almost zero to get a good stitch quality. I am not happy with Janome at all. Would never buy another one of any way shape nor form. No really good support or answer. If you ask them a question they are in la-la land. Well, did you do this, or did you do that??? It also is supposed to be able to tell what color to use... not the case, that simply doesn't work. The last ignoramous salesman I spoke with asked me if I was threading it correctly! Hello!! Hello! I finally took half the machine apart on my own and tightened up the bobbin tension until it can't get any tighter, and now it gives me a decent stitch at a setting of about 3 to 4 on the upper tension. I have a Husqvarna Rose which has a limited field of 4x4, but you can't beat the stitches. Absolute quality every time. But who wants just a 4x4 field? I digitize, and it does come out well with the Janome. Does anyone else use their MB4 digitizing program? It's about time that everyone should be aware of the pitfalls of some of these so called wonderful machines...