View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 AM
MTS
Banned

These quilts were not done in a board member swap but between a group of 7 of my NYC quilting buddies.

It was inspired by the book "Setting Solutions" by Sharyn Craig. The rules for the swap (which I made up) are too convoluted to go into ;-) , but we spent 5 months swapping blocks, and then each had 3 months to put together a quilt top (for one other member).

The goal was to come up with a non-traditional quilt setting (or something other than a straight grid w/ boring plain sashings). It was a great learning experience, and really made you think outside the "plain" box.

And to be able to deal with the problems that come up all the time in swaps - 12" inches isn't the same for everyone, color combo's you'd NEVER choose to put in a block, construction techniques aren't all at the same level, etc. and then trying to make it all work together.

I think they're FABULOUS! (I made the Lone Star for L., and the blue Seminole-y one underneath, made by C., is MINE!!!!)

7 pics to load.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-179001.jpe   attachment-179002.jpe   attachment-179003.jpe   attachment-179004.jpe   attachment-179007.jpe  

attachment-179008.jpe   attachment-179009.jpe