View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
lin

Thank you so much for that information Suz. Sorry I got the name of the book wrong :oops: but I'm glad you found it!! And that sounds like a really good deal on the thread. I've never tried that kind before, but I sure would like to. It's been recommended by another top machine quilter, Diane Gaudynski in Jan/Feb '07 edition of Quiltmaker magazine. If you can get your hands on that issue it would be well worth it for you! I learned how to do free-form feathers from that article. Something I thought I could never, ever do! She recommends a Schmetz #70 Microtex Sharp for the 60wt Egyptian cotton threads. I love that there's so much help out there now for those of us who want to take this up on our domestics at home. :)

I'll warn you that the CD included with the book isn't the highest quality, but you don't really need the sound to be that good anyway, as it's the visual that will do you the most good. I got a kick out of her on the CD. I thought she was funny and really down to earth. I'm so happy you're going to persue this!