View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:19 AM
NannySandy

Lynne, It takes all I can muster to walk any at all. The knee pain is so bad. When I bare weight, it literally feels like my knee cap is digging into my leg bone. Dr said that's because it is bone on bone and no cushion at all. I took a total of 4 pain pills yesterday. That is unusual for me, but the pain is just getting worse. I honestly wish surgery was this week instead of next week. Over a week ago, I tried using the new bike hubby bought me, but my right knee just could not handle it. I have been using my 2 lb wts and doing some upper body exercise. I don't want to be doing nothing at all. Last week, I started doing some of the exercises I did in PT after Dec surgery. However, I am so limited with my right knee because of the pain. The best thing I can do right now, as far as my weight loss is concerned is to continue watching my portions. We continue to have absolutely nothing fattening in our house. So I don't have to worry about snacking on bad things. I do try to keep fat free chocolate pudding snacks. I may eat 2 or 3 a week, at most. Popcorn is my regular snack food, which isn't bad. It isn't buttered, it's plain. Since being back from FL, I got myself back off soda, which will be a big help. I have no problem drinking plenty of water, as I love water. However, my problem is in not moving enough. I'm going to have a rough time after surgery, but it will only be temporary. I'll be glad to be on the mend and look forward to increasing my moving/exercise, after surgery. So, if I do eat too much or end up eating something I shouldn't, I have no problem being honest about it. I will tell you/this thread. You have my permission to scold me good, okay? Thanks!! Have a good day. Sandy