Old 04-03-2011, 02:15 PM
JulieR

Today, I visited the home of a lovely quilter about an hour away from me who was trying to de-stash. She had posted an ad on Craigslist and via email, I arranged to shop in her closet this afternoon. At the end of an hour, I came away with almost 100 yards of quilting fabric for $110!

I know a lot of us are already checking Craigslist for bargains but not everyone knows about it. In the For Sale section I always check Art and Crafts (first), then Free, Household and General. Once in a while I'll find something neat in Appliances, too.

Be sure to look for listings not only in your area, but also in surrounding towns because sometimes the deal is worth the drive (or the cost of gas can be offset by lining up other activities while you're there).

If you find the deal, pounce FAST, tell someone where you're going and take a friend. Meet the seller in a public place if you can (which I couldn't in this case so my husband went along instead).

Happy hunting!
Julie

PS - While I was there she asked if I knew anyone interested in a mid-arm that she wanted to let go for a song. I forgot to get the specifics before I left but if anyone near Harrisburg, PA, is interested I'll email her again.