View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Jo M

Oh, those cabbage rolls were yummy. Wish I could have shared them with all of you. Made enough to freeze a couple more dinners worth.

Plain Pat, thanks again for the notes on your recipe. I have some Amish chicken Italian sausage links that I plan to use in your recipe.

Originally Posted by plainpat
I love.love cabbage rolls! For the Toscana recipe, I won't use the bacon....doesn't add to flavor.DH was surprised that he did like the soup.A bit of fine diced pimento or red pepper sprinkled on top when served adds color.I used 3 cans of ch broth & nearly 1 can of evaporated milk.Used mild italian sausage....3 links & added black pepper.

Originally Posted by Jo M
Cabbage Rolls (or stuffed cabbage - whatever you call it), parsleyed potatoes and white corn.

DH & I headed out the door for a walk and it was raining so we decided to take advantage of having to be inside and made the cabbage rolls together. He loves to cook and it's his Dad's recipe. The secret is V-8 juice.

Thank you, plainpat for the Zuppa Toscana recipe. I'll make it this week. I already made Jan in Va's Chicken Tortilla soup, which she so kindly shared with us, and it was SUPER GOOD.