Old 04-03-2011, 04:04 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thanks for the info, I didnīt have any idea where it come from, thought it might be Cockney rhyming slang.
I still don't understand why a banana equates as someone being silly, so perhaps you are right Elle. I have a little book somewhere on Cockney slang. If I find it, I will look it up. Oh, just had another thought - could it be because people would look daft if they slid on the skin?
Maybe because monkeys eat them, & we think their antics are funny?

We say "nanner, nanner, nanner" in a sing-songy sort of way when we are poking fun at someone (all in jest, of course - not cruel.)

Been cutting out tiny pieces of AOTH & ironing them onto their own block! No sewing this weekend. Bought 3 new quilting magazines - my favorite one, Quilter's Home, Quilting Arts & a new one - Mark Lipinski's Fabric Trends. I'm not sure the magazine is new, but Mark's name associated with it sure is. He was the editor of Quilter' Home Magazine until about a year ago when he sort of vaporized. Now it's being edited by Jake Fitch & Melissa Maher - Melissa is the one who interviewed me for the article last issue on the inmate quilting program. They are 2 really squiffy ladies!!! Melissa, are you lurking??? She does that, you know. That's how she found me.