Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by jtapp9
My new 301 :) . I paid $160 for it in the stand. It has 3 feet, the buttonholer, and an original manual that is in usable condition. And my husband put 2 new cords on her. The decals are worn,and I may have paid to much, but seems like the prices are not very cheap in this area. I did talk her down from $200.
You know, the price of vintage machines seems (to me at least) to be going up steadily. There are still bargains to be found for sure, but they are becoming fewer. When I first started collecting in earnest, Japanese class 15s were available in every thrift shop for $5 to $10. It's been a while since I've seen a nice one.

The thing is, if you're wanting a machine and you find it at a price you can afford, then celebrate your good luck. Someone else is going to find that machine at a fraction of the cost, and you will feel guilty about what you spent, but the fact is, they were in the right place at the right time. Chances are you would wait many years to get that particular model at a price you consider a steal. Get your machine cleaned up and running the way you want, and you will be so glad you spent that money!!

Great set-up, by the way. I love the way the 301 comes in and out of a cabinet. I have had a couple of them, and the ease of getting them out is worth at least $160!!
Well said Miz Johnny :)