View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM
weezie

Hi again crazyquilter. I think an expensive machine should not poop out after just a few years regardless of amount of usage it gets. Having said that, I just want to share with you what my local dealer (Husqvarna, Janome, Bernina) said when I was looking to upgrade from my well-used and well-loved Janome MC6000 (which I'd bought, previously owned, many years before). As I looked at his stock of new and used machines, he opined that a machine that is strictly bought for hobby/home use will not hold up to constant use, as in a commercial use sense. We did not delve into what type(s) of machine(s) he would recommend for really heavy use, however, but obviously Janome 350E is not one of them. I think you've worn some part or parts in it down to "last gasp". It does seem to me that it could have parts replaced since it's a model they still manufacture.

The dealer who is 20 miles from you and obviously reluctant to help you must not consider that he might be losing a future customer looking to buy a new machine. If I were a sewing machine dealer, I would be very accommodating to people who sew.