View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Airwick156

That was really nice of Heather to do that. She is a sweet gal I think. :) I also am diabetic and have to carry snacks with me. I usually just stuff them in my purse. I have gone to the movies before and have taken stuff in to eat and I have almost been kicked out of the theater for bringing food in. So now I have a doctors letter I carry in my purse that if anything is said again, I can show them the letter that says I can take them into and eat them in the theater. I have only had to use it one time. With a diabetic...there is always that chance that your sugars will bottom out very unexpectedly and you HAVE to have yourself a little "emergency" kit available. I don't take much but I do have some hard candies, I always take a water bottle that I have put iced tea in. Sometimes a half a sandwich. And always have an orange in my purse as that makes my sugar go back up. Theaters DO NOT sell iced tea, definitely do not offer splenda, they do not offer any fruits either. Man I think that theaters need to change their menus...Not everyone can have soda pop, and candy.