View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM
miss_ticky2

Originally Posted by gideon
I am looking at purchasing the new Janome 7700, has anyone sewn on it, and how might it compare to the 9700. I am a quilter, but also want a machine for general sewing as well as a small amount of embroidery. I have sewn on a Singer Touch and Sew for about twenty years so this is a big leap.

Also I am looking for a dealer in Burlington who would sell this machine. Thank you
Hi...I have the 7700 and love it :) I don't know the 9700 at all and the little I saw when I googled it, it looks quite small in the throat area and it appears it does embroidery.

The 7700 has an 11" throat space with is wonderful if you are going to quilt. However, it is not an embroidery machine, if that is what you are wanting. It does have 3 different styles of alphabet for a bit of monogramming but they are quite limited really, compared to what I've seen an embroidery machine do.

The 7700 has the Accufeed system (which is a built in walking foot system) that you can buy various feet for (some come with the machine). They are really great for using when constructing quilts as they feed all the layers through evenly and I use mine all the time. Even for normal sewing at times. The 7700 is certainly suitable for general sewing, just not for embroidery.