Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, the machine I bought off of e-bay arrived. This is my first and probably last time buying a sewing machine off of e-bay. I had asked the seller to use lots of foam peanuts around the machine and case. He used none. Shipped with no packing. This is the way it arrived - even in the post office they knew by the way it sounded - the cardboard box was all crushed.

So much for having a machine that says "made in occupied Japan." I will hold out for one locally.

Billy do you know where I can get, or do you have the hinges (that are completely broken) that hold the machine in the case?

Nancy
Just a couple of comments on this. First of all, packing peanuts are not a good choice for shipping machines. They easily become crushed and don't provide enough protection for heavy machines. Ditto on newspaper. Yes, I've seen some packers that use them effectively, but they use them as filler rather than protection.
Also, I believe you'll find the hinges on this machine are a bit smaller than the Singer 99 or 128, and if you use those, you'll have to modify the base.
Yes--my first BelAire Bantam arrived just like this. And several other machines as well. The really GOOD sellers will listen to you when you tell them how to pack your machine. I just had a first time seller (first for a machine anyway) completely unpack and repack a machine I bought from him on my recommendations. In return, I sent him extra shipping money. And great feedback. Win-win.

Having computer woes here; my main computer is down and probably dead. I have lost all the photos I keep telling myself I'm going to back up. #$%&