View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 02:54 AM
kaykwilts

I posted on my Facebook page this morning...something that I don't do too often....about how quilters are really some of the nicest people..

A woman that I met here on this board is turning into one of the nicest people I have ever met....upon talking through a few emails, she invited me to a guild workshop, lunch, and to a shop hop. She offered to do all the driving, and refused gas money(no small thing is this day and age)...she has openly shared her life with me, her passions, jokes, laughter, and her sorrows...even some of the mistakes she has made...she is so transparent and is such a kind and fun person.

And just last night, out of the clear blue, she called and insisted that she come over and help me with the "wild hair" that hit me last week....one of my son's is getting married this Saturday....I decided I had to have 72 Friendship Album blocks ready for the guests to sign. (I will set them into a quilt top while they are on their honeymoon)......she will be coming tomorrow (and is bringing fresh eggs from her hens)....and all because she just wants to help..I mean, she isn't getting anything out of the deal....just wants to help....

And I am amazed...........I have looked for this attitude in friends before, and not found it.

Only in quilters have I seen this unabashed desire to help, be a blessing, console, and encourage.

So, to all of you here, who spread your positive encouragement, your smiley faces :-), your laughter and caring attitude...

This quilter says thank you.......it is you quilters who have "restored" my faith in mankind....... :thumbup: