View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 03:12 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I personally don't care for the wire shelves. My husband insisted on them for the laundry room & garage. Guess what? Things fall thru them, things don't set squarely unless you set them on the wires just right. It is a constant balancing act. I can't wait until mine wear out & I can replace them with wood shelves.
I concur! I would not use the wire shelves. Definitely wood. Good luck!

Another vote here for no wire shelving...can't stand them. All my closets have wood shelving that are painted white...love that creamy white in all of my closets. My husband made rows top to bottom at different levels of shelving for me in my closet in my quilting room and I love them. I don't have the same concerns about wood that some do on this board. I will say that the majority of my fabrics are in antique lawyer's bookcases with glass doors which are solid wood and not painted and have had no problems. In my closet are all the numerous other quilting items, and other necessities for other type projects. As usual like everything else we all have our preferences for what we like or dislike for various reasons.