View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ruck9085
A lot of kids, huh? I had five. Oldest daughter died twenty years agto this coming Oct at the age of 24. I have 12 grandkids and 1 great grand daughter with another on the way. Made a few quilts over the years, but only started in July of 2000. I've made over twenty wuilts in that time, but never even thought to take pix of them. I do have one of the quilt I made for my d-i-l, but haven't quilted it yet. I do all my quilting by hand. Can't seem to get the hang of machine quilting, and to me, that kind of takes away from the handmade feeling. Just me, I guess. Too old to try to change these spots now.! LOL!
Sounds like you have a lovely family Linda. So sorry to hear about your DD that passed away so early. Heart breaking. DH and I have 14 children, many came home by adoption, and three grand children, two of those are angels now in heaven as they were born prematurely. I have lost track of how many quilts I made but I started taking pictures over the last 2 years or so. I posted some on the board.

Hand quilting is wonderful. The quilt tends to be softer and drapes more. I realy do not hand quilt much any more. I would like to do some traditional Hawaiian style quilts and needle turn and hand quilt those but for now I only have a small pillow top in progress with that method.