View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:44 PM
rmsochor

Hi - I'm new. I'm a soon to be mommy of 4 - I would love to eventually start learning to quilt. My mom's done it for years. I enjoy making things for others and my kiddos.

I have a sewing machine issue right now that is about to drive me CRAZY.

I have the Singer Touch n sew model 758 - passed down from my Grandmother. Just a month or so ago, it was working just fine - it's always had a few things that would go wrong, but I'm also an intermediate sewer (at best) and I'm sure a lot is user error.

Anyway, the last several times I've tried to mess with the machine, I've given up ... and I really want to get sewing again!

Basically, I've threaded the machine (and re-threaded .. and re-threaded). I've checked the needle tightness/position, moved the tension up or down, tried a new bobbin, and cleaned out the bobbin area - nothing has helped.

Here's what's going on. I take my material and everything seems ready to go. I start trying to sew, but suddenly the machine gets "stuck" and refuses to move. I open up the bobbin case and find that my top thread is somehow getting wound around the bobbin and then getting stuck. I can NOT figure out why or what to do to fix this. Also, when winding my bobbin, it seems like it's not winding smoothly at ALL - the thread on the bobbin is bumpy and actually looks like a couple spots broke off and then it kept winding??? SO confused.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?