Old 04-05-2011, 01:56 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by jljackquote

You all are an inspiration to me. Now I have to stop buying machines for a while, and just play with my 4. My DH about KILLED me when the Western showed up yesterday!! "Another machine??? Good thing it's pretty!"

LOL
You need to find him a hobby to hold over his head. My husband plays poker and tennis and watches a LOT of sports. Plus I'm pretty mean when I get mad, and the husband really wants to keep me happy. Heh heh.

All joking aside, this hobby has sustained me through some pretty bleak times, and if all it takes is a few sewing machines to perk up your life, it's a very <pick one> safe, cheap, entertaining--hobby. If people raise their eyebrows (or, since many folks have little sense--make nasty comments), just tell then you spent your crack money on the new machine. And THEN tell me what they said!!
Haha Miz Johnny!!! My DH is a quilter too, and understands the fabriholic issue, as he is one too. But the machines? He's into old cars, baseball memorabilia, and a few other hobbies. So it's not really the money issue, it's more like "what are you getting into now". And I did buy 3 machines in 1 month, which is probably what created the shock!! :-)

He'll be fine with it soon. As soon as he sees that they are really working sewing machines, he'll understand....I think!! :wink: