View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 PM
cabinfever

One suggestion for small things is to hang a a couple of removable shallow trays along the front, which you could then carry over to your sewing or cutting table when you are going to work. I can't help but add some ideas for "extras".
My dad was a commercial builder (stores), & we used to go see what they had in the "used" area of the local "Display" stores. Look for them even in medium sized towns, lots of clear plexiglass, & they even sell a few pieces of slatwall, if you have wallspace for a piece.
There are commercial slatwall display accessories as you might see in a store. You could improvise on this idea with a simple desk organizer tray from $1 store or WM cheaply. Try "S" hooks to hang them if you get a wire shelf, or get your husband put some hangers on the back of a simple narrow wood silverware tray. Standard Picture hanger hardware (need 2) for the back of a wood box (target, BBB).
One item is called a belt spinner $20, if you had the wall space you could hang a few tools or patterns from it.

Try a wire mesh hanging basket $12 (Office supply stores, or target). Sorry... I do LOVE good hardware.

Small Acrylic slatwall display tray
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180277[/ATTACH]

Tall literature display for slatwall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180278[/ATTACH]

slatwall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180279[/ATTACH]

belt spinner for slatwall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180280[/ATTACH]

Wood silverware organizer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180281[/ATTACH]

triangle picture hanger
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180282[/ATTACH]

Mesh wall basket (office supply)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180283[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180271.png   attachment-180272.png   attachment-180273.png   attachment-180274.png   attachment-180275.png  

attachment-180276.png   attachment-180277.png