Thread: Fun & Done
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 AM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by mkanderson
ok Got the pictures in here now!Here is what I did with some scraps for the string and a Bow Tie block I have been doing. I put the "string' one on like they had in the Fun & Done video. The Bow Tie block was already made so I just handquilted it to the batting and backing. I cut the back an inch bigger than my 12 inch block all the way around (14 inch block!)
PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT MY STITCHING!!!!!
I can do better but was in a hurry to get this so I could show!!!
Mary
YES! YES! YES! i think you have it knocked! i didn't see any extra fabric on the side of the bowtie, but i guess that's because it wasn't really done with this method in mind. you can make the sashing any size you want to by increasing or decreasing the flap size. the size possibilities are endless.

you can do almost any string design with this method. if you are making small blocks, say 4", then you probably don't even need interior stitching.

the nice thing, as i see it, is that as you work cutting out something, you can immediately use the leftovers to cut the front of one of these blocks and put it together then and there. when you have a bunch, then attach them all. if you do one at a time, you don't even realize that they're piling up. it's like a SURPRISE!!! HERE I AM !!! quilt.