View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 PM
k_jupiter

I was in my friendly neighborhood quiltshop the other day, picking up some fabric to complete the collection for a quilt I am going to make (Homeward Bound, from McCalls Quilting a couple months ago). As I was leaving I accidently used the F-word. I said, I'm leaving to go FINISH the quilt I am working on (A very male version of Yellow Brick Road)... All of a sudden the shop got quite silent and people giggled self consciencely... I realized, some quilters might not know the definition of FINISHED. One woman hurried up and asked me not to use the F-word again. It made her feel so... uncomfortable. I accused tham all of introducing me to another pasttime that I would have multiple unfinished projects, like I needed another.

So the question is... How many projects are you juggling (or have already dropped into the black hole of your quilting closet)?

Me? I have the original queen size quilt waiting to be pinned and quilted, the practice lap quilt waiting for me to be happy with transfering quilt patterns onto it, first cuts made on a full size quilt called Dazzeler (from Southwestern Quilts, a great book), all the fabrics for Homeward Bound are washed, pressed and starched, and I am busy collecting bits and pieces for a scrap type queen sized quilt built on muslin.

So fess up, how many projects do you have going on?

tim in san jose