Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by olebat

They haven't seen the pristine Taiwanese clone yet. I'm sure it'll get their attention. I do want to put it in a table. I'd still like some feed back on applying decals to the unadorned. I wouldn't want to impersonate a special model, but perhaps some motorcycle flames or garden flowers. .
If a machine has no particular historic value (i.e., relatively modern and lots of them), decorate away!! I have a GF who uses decals on her Class 15 Japanese machines, and they look great. I always mean to do that, but never actually get around to it. Just one of the many things. . . . I also have a 99 that has tole painted roses on it. It caused quite a stir when it appeared on Ebay back ten years ago or so, with the purists being very upset. It's a common 99, so I wasn't upset. I bought it, and it is on display in my non-sewing room. She gets many compliments.
I'm so glad to hear someone else is decaling their machines. I've been playing with the idea of making some for Elvira (my stripped 66) I bought waterslide decall paper and have been playing with an art program so I think I may be brave enough to get some made for her so she won't have to be 'naked' anymore.