Old 04-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter1943
She is always telling me later that I never told her ,,,,,,,,,. But I did.

Hi Rhonda Have to agree about people not listening. It's a very narcistic society unfortunately. As for your mother, God bless you. DH wanted to move next door to his mother years ago. Glad I finally put my foot down on that one.

Anyway, try getting a dry erase board and if there are important things - "John's dog died 4/4/11" write them down for her. Leave it at your house so she can see it. My mother had dementia and my DH has Alzheimers. Dry erase boards have saved us many an agrument. I also keep a very detailed calendar for him (us) on the fridge. You can print them out at 10,000 calendars. Hope this helps to eliminate some of your frustration. I pray every day for patience too! Jan
Some of Glen's not listening is because he has a brain injury and memory disorder is part of that. So I do put Drs appts on the fridge. If I tell him it is at 1pm he will get it in his head it is 2pm. Many arguments over this. He just did it now. We have an automatic pmt of $225 came out of his acct yesterday and he insists it is $250. No matter what I tell him he always thinks it is differant than what I told him. I always have to prove everything. So annoying! But there could be worse things. When he had the head injury they thought he might be a veg. all his life or he could come out of the coma thinking he was in Viet Nam or he could have been stuck as a little child for the rest of his life. So I remind myself to be grateful I have him and he is "normal" with LOTS of imperfections! * tongue in cheek* LOL He does have an excuse for some of the things he does I find annoying. My mom doesn't have those excuses for not listening!