View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
mpspeedy

Hi,
I have little handquilting kits in almost every room in the house. Each is a small tin, plastic box or minature tote bag. Each is outfitted with embroidery scissors, needles, at least two thimbles, one for my right middle finger and one for my left thumb. I have two thread cradles which are a metal pin that will hold a spool of thread that can hang around my neck or I have a little wooden rack that holds a spool of thread, my scissors, a tiny pincushion and a pin to hang my thimble on. At the larger of my two floor frames station I have a pair of hemostats to pull needles with. At the other stations I have little fifty cent size pieces of jar opening mats to do the same thing with. You can cut at least 4 or 5 our of one of those rubber jar opening mats. I usually baste with curved safety pins so I usually just throw the pins I remove in what ever container is holding the rest of my supplies. Needless to say I have at least a thousand of those safety pins distributed among the various stations. Each of my stations also contains somekind of pin cushion. I have all kinds from the tiny ones you can make like a ring that are made out of a plastic soda bottle cap to various decorative ones that were made by other quilters and given to me as gifts or favors.
If I get energetic I will line up my stations and take some pictures to post. Don't hold your breath.