Old 04-06-2011, 08:52 AM
kraftykimberly

Originally Posted by Donnasue
KraftyKimberly,
Where are you from in SC? That is my home as well! I am about to go on a work sabbatical and find some quilt shops there when I come home over the weekend.
I actually live in Columbia but have a summer home in Garden City which just south of Myrtle Beach. Quilt shops in Columbia are few and far between these days, The Quilted Pearl just closed a couple of months ago so right now thats only leaving me with The Sewing Center in West Columbia. There are a couple I like to check out at the beach when I go though. My fav is Quilters Cottage Inc 2571 S Highway 17 # 2. Its right beside the big catholic church on the main highway between Surfside and Garden City. Another one nearby is Sewin' In the Carolinas 3246 Waccamaw Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, this one is located across the highway from what was once called "Waccamaw Pottery", not sure what they are calling it these days. Anyway, both shops are great and always helpful when I go in.

Oh, and if you are coming to Columbia this weekend, definately check out Hancocks by Columbia Mall. They are having the $1-$2-$3 fabric clearance that everybody has been talking about. Everything from cottons, to satins (love to use that for tote and purse linings) to outdoor fabrics. I promise you will not be disappointed if you go (well, that is if there is anything left).

Enjoy your time off, I'm so jealous, wish I had some free time.