View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
quiltingsavta

Haven't been on much. We got the news last Friday that my Aunt had terminal cancer and the doctors gave her two weeks! TWO WEEKS!!!! She lives in CA and I live in MA. She came out last October for a family function and we had a blast. She is also a quilter and is expecting her first great-grandchild in June. So off to my favorite shop we went for her to pick out fabric. While we were there, she saw some beautiful oriental fabrics that she liked and she asked me if I would make a quilt for her. WOW I said, she is a far better quilter than me and I was honored that she asked me to make one for her. I had cut all the pieces previously, but procrastinated these past several months working on other projects. So when we found out on Friday the news, I put all else aside and sewed every spare moment I had during the weekend and then after work on Monday and on Tuesday. My plan was to finish the top by Tuesday and Express Mail it out to her on Wedesday so she could have it Thursday. But 1 hour before I was able to finish the top, I got a call that she had passed. Just 4 days after we got the news. My heart just broke. After a good cry, I got back to work and finished the top. Guess I needed that therapy for myself too. So Aunt Penny, you are greatly missed and I'll always remember our special day together picking out fabrics. This is for you - up in heaven as you are an angel. I love you.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180585.jpe