View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Lori S

Originally Posted by anniec55
do you have it sitting on your machine spindle? if so try setting on a spindle away from your machine... I haven't tried, but understand that that will help make it more manageable, and consequently stitch quality will improve..... worth a shot.
Yes having the thread on a spindle ( cone holder) away from the machine will help. The thread needs to relax before it goes into the tension discs. If you do not have a cone holder use a coffee cup to set the thread into. I have never had success using the thread holders on the machine , it always seems to wrap around the pin holding the thread, or the hook thing after the tension disk.... this is because the thread had not relaxed at all. The same issue is common with metalic thread.
Also I use a smaller needle size than regular quilting. It can be helpful if you are new to invisable to use regular thread in the bobbin.
I had very similiar experiences when I first started using the invisable thread when it first came out... abandoned it for a few years out of total frustration... then experimented and now I use lots and even in the bobbin.