View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 02:12 AM
iluvsewing68

I had a similar experience with my first "Stack 'n Whack" king size quilt. This was also the first time I had had a one machine-quilted. The lady who quilted it was referred to me by an acquaintance, and had not had a lot of experience on her new long-arm quilter. (That should have been a red flag for me) When I went to pick up my quilt, the lady told me it did not come out as planned and there are a lot of puckers in it. She took off about 1/3 of the price she had quoted me. I had seen some of her other work, and it was beautiful. She blamed it on the wool batting that I used, saying she had never used that before. I am not ripping mine out, have started binding it and will finish it when I get back from vacation. I would like to compare pictures with you - the puckers on my quilt actually look worse on the back. I think what upset me the most was that this lady said she had ripped it out when she first started quilting as she was having problems with it. I wish she had called me then and I would have taken it to someone else. I guess I'll just call this my "learning experience" quilt.