View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by Grambi
Thank you, I'm going to LQS today will pick some up if they have them. Forgot to mention that the tension looks wonderful in the areas with no seams so hate to mess with the bobbin tension. I did recently buy an extra bobbin casing (holder?) so I could feel free to adjust tension in bobbin for different decorative threads and know I would still have my original, unadjusted one.

Grambi, Honestly I purchased my Genie Magic Washers for my Juki since I do most of my FMQ on that machine and put one in my Pfaff just because I had them. I really don't think I needed to but did anyway. My Pfaff's bobbin case has some sort of black thingie in it that I believe was made for backlash anyway but I'm not absolutely sure. Sometimes just rethreading your machine, cleaning out the lint in the bobbin area and making sure you are using the correct size needle is all it takes. Honestly sometimes it's the simple things that somehow get out of wack that create the problem/s. I know I can sew for hours on my Pfaff and somehow it gets out of the tension disks for threading and once I rethread I have no problem. But I have also learned it's very important to have the correct size needle for various weights of sewing threads....that's why I wanted you to look at what needles Bob at Superior Threads suggested for the bottom line thread. He has so many tips and suggestions for so many applications that it is well worth your time to take some time and read what he has to say. Sure hope this helps you.