Thread: Pounce pad
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 AM
crashnquilt

If you want to use the pounce chalk, instead of using the pad, of which I will send you free of charge, I put the chalk in a bowl and use those cheap foam brushes from the paint department. Works much better.

I know I will probably hear some flack for this one, but I prefer to use Crayola's Washable Markers with the fine tip. Knock on wood I have not had any issue with the marks not coming out.

My second choice for marking is the Bohin or SewFine mechanical pencil leads. They are made from ceramic and mark very easy. I have used all colors of the leads and have only had an issue with the graphite/black lead. It did NOT wash out at all! All the other colors have washed out nicely.

My third choice is the Blue Water Soluable marker. I have had good luck with this marker as well. Just DO NOT use any kind of heat after you have marked. Heat will set the marker.

My last choice is the purple air soluable marker. Being air removes the markings you can take it from there. I have had the markings disappear as soon as an hour or as long as 48 hours. It all depends on your weather at the time.

I hope this helps.