Old 04-07-2011, 09:03 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by jtapp9
Originally Posted by Quiltgranny

ETA: My 1/4" foot (P60617) slant shank is also w/in 1/16th" on test strips, too. My foot has a little wiggle in it that I think might account for that. Does yours wiggle at all?

Thanks, :D
Mine is a generic foot that i bought from April30's (?). May have to invest in the alphasew foot, but they look 'almost' identical. I'm getting that screw in seam guide this week also, so it may prove to be what I want.
Hmm, I can't see a wiggly 1/4" foot working for me. I need those accurate 1/4" seams. Guess I'll be returning that 1/4" foot. Thanks for the tip on the blind hem foot, I'll check mine out on my other machine.

On my Bernina, I use #13, Straight Stitch foot with the quilting quide for an accurate 1/4" or even a scant 1/4" inch since the guide can be placed wherever you wish. But this Singer 301 is a whole new game for me as I'm brand new to vintage Singers and would love to quilt with them.

So for now, guess I'll stick with the seam guide. I ordered both the Singer and a universal one, and I have to say that I prefer the Singer one for a couple of reasons. The thumbscrew has a nice plastic fitting built in that snugs up against the bed of the machine and the seam guide part that sits on your 1/4" or whatever seems nicer. I think there might've been a dollar difference in the two, the Singer being slightly higher in price.

Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated. :thumbup:
If you have the Alphasew foot I can't speak for it! I have a generic foot, not the Alphasew.

Yes I can't wait to get my seam guide. I'm not sure which one I got becasue they had 2 but were out of one of them. I also ordered a snap on foot adapter, but no snap on feet yet. There is a snap on hem guide that I just might purchase next and see if it works for me as well as my brother one does since it is adjustable.