Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I was so very fortunate that I purchased from a great dealer about 1 1/2 hours away from me. I have an ABM Innova but I do not have a computer set up. I can't see spending the extra $$ on computer guided without first finding out that I might just LA great without one and so far so good, besides I don't think I want CG, I feel it removes all the artistry out of the quilting process.

Anyway, my dealer came to my home delivered and set up my machine and spent at least 2 to 3 hours with me showing me how to load the sandwich, thread the machine, adjust tension settings with different weight thread in the top and bobbin, short cuts for changing threads, using the bobbin winder, operating the machine, changing settings and even let me try a panto. When he was installing he sat me down with two DVD's, "I have a longarm and I'm not afraid to use it" and "the Pajama quilter". I think he hoped I would buy one of them but I didn't find it necessary. Prior to all that I went to their show room which is actually their house and got to play at the machines to my hearts content for a couple of hours before actually comitting to buy.
I understand ABM has great phone support as well but I have yet to have to use it.