View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Rosyhf

Here is an good example of a very simple quilt that looks fab. The quilt came from a beginner quilter in Arizona.

The only reason I am quilting it, is because my girlfriend Marylyn, who lives up there, showed her how and she wanted her quilt quilted like my friend's. I alway quilt Marylyns Quilts.

The last time ML was here with me, she made me one of these out of sample fabrics from the decorating department. I have a bin full. This is such a strong hardy quilt.

This is how she does it. She tears strips on the straight 0f grain about 4 inches wide, from many pieces, then she subcuts the strips in different sizes and flings them in a bag.

Then she just reaches in the bag and picks anything and starts sewing the subcuts together to make a long strip. She makes the strip the lenght that she wants the quilt to be. Then she sews all the long pieced strips together, to the width of the quilt.

Sometimes she has to tear and cut more lol. And it's a good idea, to sometimes throw the piece back if it's too close to what you have already. Personally, I would make stacks of like pieces and pick from there lol.

Anyway, I thought I would post this for some of the beginners who want to do a fast and easy good looking quilt.

Of course if you use lovely batiks, your quilts will look like a work of art, it all depends on the fabric.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180949.jpe   attachment-180950.jpe