View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
d.rickman

That is really great question.
I made a couple of covers out of muslin (like sleeves on your finished wall hanging, and I cut two small holes in the top of the sleeves to hang onto hooks) to fit over a piece of dowling, which I attach my quilting pieces with safety pins, until I get them completed.

I have two of these hanging in my sewing room - see pics attached.

Once I have completed an article that requires storage, I fold them in half lengthwise, and use a hanger that has clothespins attached, and cover with either a drycleaners plastic cover or cover with a body pillowcase or I have made a muslin bag to cover them - see pic attached for that as well.

I also have a couple of over the door hangers that I use in my sewing room for articles that I have ironed or ironing that hasn't been done. I have two of those hangers on those doors (one on each folding door, and a large piece of dowling which fits from one of those hangers across both doors to the other), and I fold those parts of my quilts that I'm working on - over the large dowl, in order I don't have to re-iron them.

Articles that I have appliqued but not sewn down
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181082[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-181070.jpe   attachment-181071.jpe   attachment-181074.jpe   attachment-181076.jpe