Thread: daughters quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
cutebuns
Power Poster

That is my 15 year old in the picture, and who was the recipient of the quilt. She had just come back from a sporting competition, I just shake my head and continue, She has her own style and not afraid to show it which is a good thing in this day and age, there are days that I would gladly give her away, but not for the way she dresses. The quilt was a lot of fun to do. It was the first quilt on the hq sixteen. It was fun to play with the big machine, it made quilting it very easy. I have been reading a few books and want to play so much more with it. I have to do the tops first. Though I have a panel or two from my mom that I could just stick on, but I would want to do the outlining and stuff and not play with patterns. i have the groovy boards for it as well that I want to get some time in on. Origionally it was supposed to be a twin, but I ended up adding another square as I couldn't decide how to lay out just the two colors. Ended up as a full queen size. She said she isn't going to be using it for her bed anyway so she is happier with the larger size. I am now working on one for my youngest. Never know what size it will end up. We will see in the end.

Here is also the wall hangings I just did.

St Paddy's day Tweets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28362[/ATTACH]

Irish Blessings
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28437[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28362.jpe   attachment-28437.jpe