View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Fritzy

The dust bunnies were a floating! I now know why I keep all my fabric & sewing items in the plastic tubs. Water!!!! We are in a major flood again & keeping our fingers crossed that all the dikes will hold but I got water in my basement again & not from the flood. Thank goodness I went down to check the laundry or it would have been even worse. The water came in through the window well in my sewing room & continued to spread through the one side of our basement that does have tile but also has all my fabric & such. I had been down in my sewing room only about a half hour or so before & it was dry. Needless to say next time I went down it was not! We've had issues before, with water coming in, but we thought we had finally got the problem fixed. Wrongo! My floor did need washing but I would rather have washed it when I planned to & not before. Luckily I had just finished cleaning up my sewing area last weekend so nothing got ruined but I do have a couple of canvas bags, I use for my quilting classes, that got wet so I'll have to get them dried out. Of course hubby said,"Now would be a good time to get rid of some of this stuff." Referring to all my sewing things in my sewing room. I didn't even answer him, just ignored him. Silly man, why in the world would I get rid of anything when I've spent all these years collecting it! I did get my sewing room all dried & cleaned too so now I'll have to finish the rest this weekend. Not what I planned on doing at all. Whoever invented the plastic tubs & drawers must have been thinking of all us quilting gals.