Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Joanie2
So, I am a thrift store junkie and proud of it. I have often found some really neat things. I've been reading a lot about some of the fabric finds you all are picking up and so I have a question for you --- are you particular about what fabrics you find and purchase at thrift stores or do you simply say to yourself "it's fabric! I have to have it! I don't need it for any project I'm working on but I simply can't pass it up. Surely I will find a use for it." ? I am starting to view my shopping in a different way in that I no longer purchase all the fabrics I come across just because the price is great. I look it over more carefully and ask myself if I will actually use it and I no longer buy it just because it's there. I'm getting more particular and thrifty with my thrift store shopping. How about you? Are you buying just to buy?
I have to have at least an inkling of what fabric might be used for------------or just totally knocked out by it. I bought about a quarter yard of some chicks on white denims-----for heavens knows what. Big expense. 25 cents.

I passed up about 4 yards of grey/black/white herringbone wool a while back and I'm still thinking I severely screwed up leaving it in the store.