View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Pattyjo7686

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
This will be one of my first quilts. I have never appliqued before. I have never sew-en by hand as far as that goes. I am left handed and dyslexic. My new quilting friend is trying to help me "god bless her heart" she has no idea what she has volunteered for and don't you all tell her. Hope she is still my friend after all of this. I got one leaf done yesterday and I have cramps in my arms today. I must have been a bit tines what do you think. Wish Her luck.
Patty, are you intending to do these blocks by machine, or try hand applique. As you haven't done any hand sewing, I think I would recommend you try a couple of machine samples before you make a final decision - and no, we won't tell a soul!

If you check out pages 26/27 here on this thread, I did a few samples for people to look at.
I have almost got my first block done. I am hand sewing it. My friend that is showing me said it looks good and I'm a natural at this. I want to believe her because she makes me tare things out if there not right. So I'm off like a heard of turtles. Wish me will.