Old 04-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Scrap Happy

For anyone who is living with Alzheimer’s today here is a link the Alzheiemer’s Association’s website http://www.alz.org/index.asp My Dad was diagnosed in 03 and as I mentioned above passed in 07. The Alzheimer’s Association played an integral role in our lives and dramatically improved the quality of my Dad’s life and mine. Please know that you are not alone and that there is help available.

They have a 24/7 toll free number (available in 151 languages and dialects) 800-272-3900.

The year Dad was diagnosed I walked in the Alzheimer’s Associations Memory Walk and have ever since. I’ve made 2 raffle quilts and a cookbook to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. The cookbook had favorite recipes of friends, many of whom were living with Alzheimer’s. I included pics of my Dad and others who donated recipes with their loved one who has or had Alzheimer's. This also helped me to take the negative feelings I had about my sweet Dad having Alzheimer’s and turn it into something more positive. I'm going to make another quilt to benefit the Alzheimer's Association but have to finish a couple projects first. Wish I was a faster quilter.

Sorry so long but this is a cause close to my heart.