Thread: Paperdoll Quilt
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:13 AM
violetsfarm

I made the Paperdoll Quilt for my granddaughter Grace.

In attaching the dolls I used applique. I first made an oval out of cardstock. I cut the dolls out allowing for the seam allowance.
I used the "heat bond" on the wrong side of the doll fabric and basted the doll fabric around the cardstock pressed the edges. I then removed the cardstock, pressed the doll to my quilt block. I use a zig zag stitch 1.5 to tack down the dolls to the quilt block. I don't like raw edge applique as well.
The little quilt itself is from a magazine pattern I found which is supposed to look like a curio cabinet. After putting a hanging sleeve on the back, I thought my granddaughter could hang the quilt down low on the wall so she could play with the paper dolls.
The clothing has been cut out after pressing "heat bond" and attached to a stiff felt. I sent her a box of "glue dots" to hold the dresses onto the dolls.
I also made a tote with 4 dolls in the same manner. It has pockets inside and zips. I thought she could take this along in the car.

Paper doll quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181192[/ATTACH]

Quilt Label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181193[/ATTACH]

A little tote to take the dolls along
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181194[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-181186.jpe   attachment-181187.jpe   attachment-181188.jpe