View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 06:42 AM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by clscolo
Hi, I'm just starting to quilt like many others in here. I get so exceited about all these projects that I'm way behind. My biggest problem is cutting. I become so shaky trying to cut material that I almost pass out :roll:

Would love to meet up with more quilter in the south part of Littleton, Co or Castle Rock.

Cynthia Sinn
What a small small world... I lived in Elizabeth (graduated from there in fact, eons ago) and lived in Castle Rock for many years also out towards the Plum Creek area of town.

I found when I cut out fabric, I have to be "in the mood" or I have issues with being straight. I always buy some extra so I have some comfort room.

Take a breath, realize the worse that can happen is a re-cut and your "error" can always be used in something else.

If you are afraid of your rotary cutter (I'm guessing that is what you use), then just do some practice cuts on some other fabric (scrappy coming up?). Be sure to relax your shoulders and have good lighting....don't "squeeze the handle but do watch your fingers.

Put on some good music, get the mind set for "some fun" and go for it.